BLOG     PAINTING     GAME DEV     PHOTOGRAPHY     SHOWS     ABOUT
___________________________________________________________

J O U R N A L / B L O G


___________________________________________________________

Wednesday, December 21, 2011



The first is my newest and smallest painting at 18x24 inches. I wanted to pair it with a similar painting but I have not had success with my second 18x24 yet so I threw up "Sacrifice" from earlier this year. It seems to me to be the closest relative in my finished work.

I haven't named this newest painting yet but it certainly is the closest I feel I've come to the fragmentary landscape and light I often find myself imagining (a place rather than the usual thing I want to paint which is more between a place and a thing). It was also an experiment. The painting is mostly acrylic which is certainly a first, and then a few layers of oil on top, and it's on panel rather than canvas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment