BLOG     PAINTING     GAME DEV     PHOTOGRAPHY     SHOWS     ABOUT
___________________________________________________________

J O U R N A L / B L O G


___________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Birthday

Details swarm down in a hail... incessant, like uplift and erosion. I visited an integral part of my home, Tahoma, for my 29th birthday. It was great fun to peer into the landscape with my brand new Monarch 5 10x42 binoculars (I've never owned a pair) and both project myself into the landscape as well as simply marvel at the sheer faces and their interlocked unity and diversity. A sea of clouds floated out over the west, and I could watch airplane specks emerging from it out of Seatac. Equally, I could look between establishments of lichen at the tiny fractures and loose clasts of andesite and sub-alpine soils.

Dust from rockfall was more or less constant on the face of the Willis wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment